Part 107 Drone Training
The Part 107 Essentials drone training course from Consortiq is industry-leading. Our instructors are highly experienced civilian commercial operators, and many were involved in the design and development of the courses. As former military and civilian, rotary and fixed wing, manned and remote pilots and former air traffic controllers, they ensure that the training is up-to-date and relevant, satisfying not just the requirements but also preparing graduates for their first job as a commercial drone operator. This Part 107 course takes place over two days and will fully prepare you to take your Part 107 Aeronautical Exam with the FAA.
The Ground School consists of two days of classroom learning. This will be facilitated by two instructors, one with a primary background in manned aviation and one from a drone operational background who is currently working in the industry at the highest levels. This combined experience is unique to Consortiq and ensures you receive the best instruction available to help you gain your Part 107 certificate.
The emphasis during this stage is practical application through case studies and discussion. We will see how the theoretical knowledge is applied to the real-world operations you will be carrying out on a daily basis.
Through a series of Flight Planning exercises, we will bring together all the theoretical elements and ensure that a good understanding of how they work ‘in the field’ has been achieved.
- Welcome Material
- Regulations, Limitations, and Certifications
- Airspace, Charts, and Navigation
- Principles of Flight and Performance
- sUAS Components and Maintenance
- Human Factors
- Risk Management
- Flight Operations and Flight Planning
- Part 107 Practice Exam
- Supplementary Material (insurance, registration, and instructions on booking the exam)
- Laptop, iPad, or another device with internet browsing capabilities
- sUAS Operations Essentials textbook (digital and hard copies provided at no additional cost prior to the course)
Registering for the Part 107 Essentials Ground School course is quick and easy. Simply contact a member of the Consortiq team on 1-(855)-203-8825 or find out where the next course is running here.