Drone Flight Essentials
By signing up this course, you commit to learning from the best. Our instructors leverage their years of commercial, public safety, and defense-sector UAS experience to teach students all the theoretical and practical knowledge of operating a drone safely and effectively. All of Consortiq's courses are market-leading, preparing graduates to excel as commercial drone operators.
This is a 3-day classroom based course where you will work with and learn from some of the industry's best operators.
- Understand basic flight principles as they pertain to common drone operations
- Gain competency in executing basic maneuvers in GPS and non-GPS mode
- Prevent and respond to emergencies
- Operate drones under FAA Part 107 regulations in US airspace
- Understand the principles of flight planning, risk management, and safe drone operations
This course is designed for students who have already passed the Remote Pilot Knowledge/FAA Part 107 test, but want to strengthen their practical flying skills. Completing two hours of flying prior to participating in the course is recommended but not required.
- Laptop, iPad, or another device with internet browsing capabilities
- Drone with a minimum of 2 batteries and charging equipment. We recommend having 3 batteries, just in case.
- For reference: sUAS Operations Essentials textbook (digital and hard copies provided at no additional cost prior to the course)
Consortiq schedules courses routinely in Charlotte, North Carolina and Annapolis, Maryland. We also travel to your location for enterprise clients with groups of three or more. At our standard locations, we require a minimum enrollment of three students to run a course.